Running…

Most people have a hobby.  Something they enjoy.  It is something they look forward to doing when they have the time, or it is something they make time for.  Mine right now is running.  I enjoy it.  I like getting out and pounding the pavement.  Next weekend (04/10) I have my first race of the season coming up (10 miles), and I feel like I am scrambling to get ready for it.  But in all honesty I am sure it will be fine.  I’m just hoping it doesn’t rain cause that wont be much fun.

Anyways, this is just a quick post for Friday.

Do you have a  hobby?  If so what is it?

13 Responses to “Running…”

1. Moe
    April 1, 2011 at 6:28 am #

I enjoy running as well. I haven’t done much of it in the last few weeks. (I blame the weather :))

I also enjoy reading. I like a good book. Relaxing and exciting.

April 1, 2011 at 8:18 am #

I though I would not like running in crappy weather. And the only time I hate it is when it’s really raining. Then it just gets annoying

3. Brook Sarver
    April 1, 2011 at 8:20 am #

I enjoy running too! NOT! Happy April Fool’s Day!!!!

Seriously, I run because I have to get to somewhere quickly… never has it been for fun!

What I DO enjoy doing as a hobby is playing guitar and singing, photography and every now and then a bit of reading if I’ve got a decent book around.

Best of luck on your race!

April 1, 2011 at 8:52 am #

Dude your photography skills are off the chain. I enjoy looking at your pictures.

I’m lookin fward to the run I’ll post my results afterwards

April 1, 2011 at 9:11 am #

I enjoy working our, web design, and baseball in my spare time.

6. sarah
    April 1, 2011 at 9:34 am #

Good luck on your race!

I like going on adventures with friends, like seeing how much we can do/see in NYC in one day.

April 1, 2011 at 9:43 am #

I like to run as well… but usually hibernate in the winter. 🙂 My wife and I usually try to do a half marathon each year…. and do some small ones in between to ramp up.

April 1, 2011 at 11:21 am #

Thanks Sarah. The adventure idea is great. I like that!

April 1, 2011 at 11:23 am #

This year I wanna do a Half. I’ve done a couple 10 mile races so now just wanna do a half. It seems like the logical step

April 1, 2011 at 2:00 pm #

You know when I saw the title of your post….I was like ugh LOL! Seriously though, I know you’ll beast the race. I guess my hobby is being an amateur but inconsistent runner, reading here and there, and finding music. 🙂

11. Steve
    April 2, 2011 at 8:55 am #

I am going to start running again. Best shape I was ever in my life. Stopped running 20 years ago. Gotta get the weight off.

April 2, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

It is a great exercise. And for me it was one where I saw the best results. If you have an iPhone there is a app called Couch25K which is what my wife used last year to start back up running again. She really liked it a lot

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tales Of An Adventurer « Stand Tall Through Everything - April 26, 2011

[…] Alternatively titled: This one’s for you Adam. (because Adam wrote a post on hobbies) […]