He Love Us…

I am sure most of you have heard of this song by Jon McMillian.  One of my favorite versions of this song is by Kim Walker and Jesus Culture.  The anointing of God is just upon her, and her team when they sing, and this song brings me to tears almost every time I hear it.  The lyrics of this song have helped me through some rough times after Gavin’s death.  Just reminding how much Christ loves us in the midst of our heart ache.

But this past week I have kind-of been in a funk spiritually…. I struggle a lot with self confidence issues and tend to compare myself to others a lot.  It’s a vicious cycle that I can just get stuck in and just internally go over things that I’m not, and stuff I wish I could do.   But this morning as I was driving to the gym  I was listening to this song and I just felt as I was preparing my heart to hear the words God was saying.. “this song was written for you…. I love you Adam because I created you”  I then started listening to this as a love song from God to me.  That everything in my past… that I’ve struggled with doesn’t scare Him.. it doesn’t make Him shy away from me.  Christ has NEVER stopped pining for me. He has always continued to reach out to me even in the deepest darkest pit that I’ve created for myself.

This morning I’ve decided that I want to encounter Christ.  Like Kim says  we are NEVER the same after we encounter God.  And I so want that more than ever in my life.  I am so tired of just going along with the status quo.  I am ready to take that step out and make some changes to really get shaken by Him to have Christ come in and wreck me from the inside out.  I am wanting thing change not only for me.. but for my family.  I want to be the spiritual leader of our house.  I want us to grow closer to Christ as a family.

I don’t know where you are in your walk with Christ.  Maybe you’ve been a christian for as long as you can remember.. or maybe you only have recently made a decision to follow Him.  But maybe its time that we all have a real encounter with Him.  I want to encourage you to not get comfortable like I have.  We need to work daily to have a real thriving relationship with Him.  He can only do so much to get our attention.  We need to make the choice to run to Him and fall on our knees and follow Him.

17 Responses to “He Love Us…”

1. Ben
    July 12, 2011 at 8:26 am #

I’m with ya here, this song gets me every time, and it doesn’t een matter what language it’s in, the singer can’t sing it, without “feeling” it.

As for me, I’m glad it doesn’t (always) take a song to have that encounter, but I have to admit that hearing Kim, Jon, David, or even Candi at our church sing it makes it easier sometimes.

July 12, 2011 at 8:44 am #

Love how intentional you are in this post. “I’ve decided…”

The first time I heard this song, I was like “Wow, this is good.” (That was DCB). Then I heard JMM and the story behind it, and was like, “Yeah, this song is where it’s at.” 🙂

I haven’t heard that version before – thanks for sharing!

3. Christopher Hopper
    July 12, 2011 at 8:48 am #

Good word. Not only do I love your plea to hear this song unreversed direction (“us” to “me”), but the impetus to then respond with a true father’s toward your own family and lead. Hit me hard. Sure sounds like Jesus to me. ch:

July 12, 2011 at 10:45 am #

Definitely Ben. I am looking for thy experience more regular than just every now and then. But I know for me to have that relationship with Christ I need to make the effort as well. But this song just stirs my soul

July 12, 2011 at 10:46 am #

Yah Dustin. I think I’ve waited way to long. It’s time to get my hands and knees dirty.

July 12, 2011 at 10:48 am #

Thanks Chris. I am looking forward to this chapter.

7. Moe
    July 12, 2011 at 10:50 am #

Dude, you put on your preacher’s hat on today. Love this. Love the decision, the drive, the vision of this post. What an amazing encouragement.

By the way, I too love that song. So moving, so deep! I love that even before we were born, He had already loved us.

July 12, 2011 at 10:59 am #

Thanks Moe. I think the thing for me about this song is that you can feel the emotion that she believes that with out a shadow of a doubt.. That’s what I want more than anything, and what I am going to be striving for

9. Donald Borsch Jr
    July 12, 2011 at 11:12 am #

Hello?

Yeah, this is Jesus.

I’m calling to let you know, so there is no question, that, *ahem*, I am with you. I really am. I see you when you sleep, when you shower, when you eat breakfast, when you drive to work, etc, etc. I see your family, your neighbors, your co-workers. I see it all. I even see it when you scratch yourself inappropriately and you think no one is looking. But hey, I’m not that easily shocked. Like I said, I see all of you and I have seen IT ALL. You can’t be Who I am and not know everything.

I long to talk with you. I long to interact with you. I do. Not in some touchy-feely weepy way, mind you, (although we will have those days together, believe Me), but more so in a daily, moment-by-moment relational way. I enjoy it when you read My Words, when you pray to My Father, when you smile and laugh like I did. I like it when you spend time with me, even if for a couple minutes ere and a couple minutes there. I simply do not get tired of your company.

Of course, I can only do so much. I mean, I am a gentleman and I have no intention of forcing Myself upon you. That’s not My style. Just know that I really do love you and I also quite like you as well. You make My heart happy when we have time together.

Thought you might want to know. 🙂

Love ya (soooo much!),
    Jesus

July 12, 2011 at 11:41 am #

Donald… Thank you for that. Seriously. I needed that.

11. Tony Alicea
    July 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

Kim is my very favorite worship leader. I remember the first time I heard this version of the song, I wept. Not just because of her singing, but the part where she talks about the encounter. So good!

July 12, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

Yes Tony. I agree. That part is what gets me. Especially this time around it was as if He was speaking that over my life!! So so good

July 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

What the heck you are on a roll with these posts. Give some of whatever you’re having please! Love the Jesus Culture version of this song…Kim sings it with so much passion. Get me every time too! I definitely need to constantly remind myself that it’s not about a one time thing with God, but it’s an everyday and constant thing. Thanks for the reminder bro!

July 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm #

Dustin, you need to put the Jesus Culture album on your list. 🙂

July 13, 2011 at 7:56 am #

I second that. Jesus Culture. FTW

July 13, 2011 at 7:59 am #

Thanks Jon. It really is great reminder that He indeed loves us for who we are.. and where we have come from. there is nothing that can separate us from Him.

July 24, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

I heard this song for the first time when I was in Czech in March 2009. It’s been my song ever since. Even my students know that when this song comes on, I’m going to cry. Or at least tear up. It is the song God sings to me.