Thankfulness..

This morning on the post post Thanksgiving day I woke up early like always and started out my morning. Coffee… then devotional. This morning I read 1Samnuel 31, and it was the point when Saul and his sons were killed, and the Philistines took Saul and his sons bodies back to there camp to humiliate them even after death.

But it’s what happened after that really struck a chord with me. When the people of the village Jabesh Gilead heard what had happened they sent out a group of men to risk their lives collect the bodies of Saul and his sons to give them a proper burial. They traveled day and night to do this. Then in my devotional I was reminded why they did this. Back when Saul was first king he saved that village when they were under attack and this village never forgot what he did for them all those years ago. After all this time this village was still thankful for his protection that he had shown them.

After finishing my devotion I was reminded that we are in that same boat. Words cannot describe how thankful I am for all of our friends and family for over the past several years. The amount of love, and kindness that has been shown to our family is completely unfathomable. Seriously it really blows me away just thinking of it.

Karen & I are so grateful for all of the love, kindness, and compassion that has been shown to us. I wish I could let each and everyone of you know just how much we love and appreciate you all.

Our family is not where we are today by making it on our own. We here today because of Christ, and most importantly because of you.

Thank You.

6 Responses to “Thankfulness..”

1. Nathan
    November 26, 2011 at 9:17 am #

Great post man. I don’t remember that story about Saul – need to go back and re-read that. So thankful for your friendship man. Even though we haven’t talked much this year – your example and testimony of following God, despite some incredibly tough circumstances has left a mark on my life forever. Love you bro – thank you for your faithfulness.

2. Moe
    November 27, 2011 at 8:31 am #

What a wonderful story. It’s amazing what a grateful heart will do. I am convinced an grateful heart always sees God.

I am so happy that you see the power of community. No man is an island… or should be one. We are one in His name and we do this TOGETHER. That’s the only way to live. I wouldn’t want to do this any other way.

“as iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend”

Thank you for being part of my life bro! Keep striving!

November 27, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

Thanks Nathan. Yah I think the actual story is 1Sam 11. Then 1Sam31 is when Saul was killed.

But I’m thankful for your friendship man. Even though our calls have been spotty. I know youre there if anything would come up and I appreciate that!

November 27, 2011 at 12:19 pm #

Thanks Moe. I agree community is the way to truly live life. Doing taking each day knowing you have solid friendship beside you every step of the way.

November 27, 2011 at 5:27 pm #

I know I tease you a lot about your epic Bieber hair (did you really think I was going to let a comment slide by without this?!), but you are a great guy and I’m thankful that we’ve connected over Twitter and our blogs and Facebook.

November 29, 2011 at 9:41 am #

Your online community is thankful for you as well, Adam. Keep serving Him – we’re with you!