I’m Trying…

This time of year is supposed to be a great time of year.  Holiday parties, people getting in the holiday spirit…Christmas music playing at every corner of everywhere we go.  Churches are in the process of the Christmas Programsect ect ect.   Usually by this time of year I am in full swing of the Christmas spirit.  But this year… this year I’m struggling.

As most of you know Karen and I are in the process of adopting our son Jayden, and currently he is living in a medical facility.  Before we can bring him home we have to be trained on everything possible from handwashing, and diapering (easy stuff) to learning to care for his Trachiostomy (semi difficult).  We are driving 80-90 mins one way 4 days a week to train, and then 2 days a week for normal family visits.   (I’m tired just writing it out.)  So needless to say Karen and I’s focus has been on doing what we need to do to bring Jayden home with us.

It is so easy for me to get caught up in the process of what we need to do to bring home our son that I have to be reminded of what this time of year is truly about.  This week at church the message was about Peace.   It was something that I really needed to hear.   I needed to be reminded once again that Christ is there for me with a peace to help calm my nerves.   He is there with a peace to remind me to be present in the “now” and not looking forward to the future.  He is there with a peace to remind me not to be a jerk to my friends and family.

So…. I’m trying.  I’m trying now to shift my focus to allowing myself to enjoy this week…even in the midst of all the craziness we have going on.  I’m trying to remind myself that even though my family isn’t together completely that I can find the peace in the process of bringing us all together once again. I’m trying to remind myself that Christ is in the center of everything we are doing to bring Jayden home. How all the events leading up to Jayden have been orchestrated by Him, and that Jayden will be brought home in His perfect timing.

All I’m saying is…. I’m trying.

14 Responses to “I’m Trying…”

1. Tony J. Alicea
    December 20, 2011 at 7:28 am #

That sounds like a LOT going on. I just prayed for you and the family, Adam.

December 20, 2011 at 7:37 am #

Thanks for the prayers Tony. They are much appreciated.

3. Nathan
    December 20, 2011 at 10:16 am #

Great post man… and sometimes it’s hard to remember that that’s all He requires of us. Love you guys and praying for you, as always. Can’t wait to see you next week!

4. Moe
    December 20, 2011 at 10:30 am #

Yeah man, when are you going to stop being a jerk? 🙂

Just kidding man. I know how hard the last few weeks have been. Just know that Christmas is not about the temporary joy that the season brings. It’s about the lifelong joy that Christ brings into our lives, even when things are hard.

I can’t wait to meet Jayden.

One day at a time friend. One day at a time!

December 20, 2011 at 10:48 am #

Thanks Nathan. I appreciate you! Looking forward to seeing you guys next week either. It will be great to connect again.

December 20, 2011 at 10:53 am #

I don’t know of I can stop being a jerk to you. It’s just a natural reaction when you’re near 🙂

Thanks for the words of encouragement Moe. Love ya bro (hey look I just rhymed)

December 20, 2011 at 11:08 am #

I think the important thing to be reminded of: you’re not giving up. Jayden is blessed boy and there will be rejoicing once everything is done (here on the interwebs as well). Thanks for sharing your life with us, Adam.

December 20, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

I have mad respect for you, bud. I know it’s a tough, drawn out season for you right now, but when it’s all done and you bring Jayden home, it will be worth it.

Speaking of peace, that’s actually what I wrote about today in the Ignite blog. You might want to check it out: http://www.igniteyourcampus.com/advent-deeper-true-peace

December 20, 2011 at 2:27 pm #

Dude…that is a lot. I’ve been praying for you and the fam. I know Jayden is going to love his new home.

P.S. we need to have a phone chat one of these days!!

December 20, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

Thats right we aren’t giving up! We are doing why we need to bring him home and make our family complete 🙂

December 20, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

Thanks Jason. I’ll hop over there and check it out.

December 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

Definitley dude. I’ve been meaning to call you. You have crossed my mind lately.

13. keturah simpson
    December 21, 2011 at 5:59 pm #

That was an awesome share thanks to Duan Scott’s blog. I needed to be reminded of God’s peace in this season. I will make more effort to be present in the “now”. I haVe been way too busy of recent. God’s peace and blessings to you and your family.

Keturah

14. Tony
    December 24, 2011 at 10:37 am #

Prayed for you man. We’ve adopted and our son is now in college. A total total total blessing man. God is good and is OUTSIDE of Time.